May 21, 2009 Leave a comment
Beautiful weather seems to have slowed many of my favorites from blogging – including myself! We’ve got a big family camp out this weekend and the weather is supposed to be awesome.
Here’s the cake from the surprise pizza party in honor of my 50th birthday on Wednesday. My niece made it, with help from her 3 year old.
The dark blue frosting enhanced the color of our tongues and teeth, granting ghoulish laughter.
We all agreed the sun, moon and stars was better than the option of a headstone cake because there are too many recent and pending deaths in the family, close to my birthday. We focus on sunny days and starry nights.
7 month old Kiernan is a delight. He has an amazing laugh, smiles lots, is learning to chew and crawls everywhere.
Here’s a list of recycled puns (that were posted to the READ listserv) to muse on for the weekend. I take credit for only sharing these. I don’t know where they were originally posted. Enjoy!
Puns, For the Educated Mind
1. The roundest knight at King Arthur’s round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian .
3. She was only a whisky maker, but he loved her still.
4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
5. The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work.
6. No matter how much you push the envelope, it’ll still be stationery.
7. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
8. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.
9. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.
10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
11. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.
12. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
13. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other, ‘You stay here, I’ll go on a head.’
14. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then, it hit me.
15. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said, ‘Keep off the Grass.’
16. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, ‘No change yet.’
17. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
18. It’s not that the man did not know how to juggle, he just didn’t have the balls to do it.
19. The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
20. The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
21. A backward poet writes inverse.
22. In democracy, it’s your vote that counts. In feudalism, it’s your count that votes.
23 . When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.
24. Don’t join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects.